From: Neil Unger 12348ung@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] PP the rotor housings?
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 07:56:22 +1100
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Marc,

                  Cannot answer your question as you are in the states. BUT--- had an interesting talk with a bloke yesterday doing turbos on renesis engine at up to 8 pound boost.  As I suspected the P port give little extra HP possibly 20 Max and cost $1000 plus having to change all the plumbing,  A turbo  with all stock plumbing ( not exactly) but with minor mods  gives twice the torque and up to 285 HP.  This is on his dyno and a modified mazda ECU.  I will be calling in to discuss when in Brisbane, as this alters all the expectations of the Rotary.  Cost at the end of the day??? TBA as usual, but makes P porting look sad on performance. However cost and weight are to be taken into account as usual. For a start an ECU will cost $3000 these days.

Neil.