From: Rob McMillan robmcmillanpls@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Rebuilt and stuck apex seal
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 17:42:05 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Matt, where are you located?

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019, 2:35 PM Matt Boiteau mattboiteau@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
The corner seal broke in 2, and the center button took a spin out. Not sure what happen when rebuilding it. Took time and everything went together well. Apex seals are all good, rotor housing and iron look fine.

2008 rx8 auto 6 port were covered with Devcon steel putty. Not completely flush to iron surface, left indented 1/8" down.

I think I'm going to get a used JDM 4port engine and re-use the front\rear rotors and counter balance only. Keep my highpower eshaft (if there is even a different in eshafts between 6port and 4port). I may have to press in new rotor bearings for the high power (yellows) Lots to think about.

- Matt Boiteau