From: lehanover lehanover@aol.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Inlet Horns
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 15:40:29 +0000 (UTC)
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Here it is....All you could ask about inlet trumpets.
Never place bug screens on a bell. Very bad on the flow bench.  A big bell cut off at the 90 degree angle and grafted to a flat plate is great and takes up less space. As in my Mazda racer.
Notice some monster engines trade runner length for bell diameter.   I think runner length is less important than bell shape. The Vena Contracta plate shows why you need a bell shape.

I have plans for a flow bench that is more accurate than a Super Flow.  Build in a day. Cheap. Make you very smart.   Free if I can find that memory stick............

Lynn E. Hanover