From: Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: EC2 Mixture Pot Failure Modes
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 20:28:58 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi there guys.

A friend of mine who is testing our Glasair has asked after the failure modes and consequences of the mixture pot on the EC2/3 controller.
I’m figuring it would go full rich or full lean. Either being a real problem for keeping the engine running effectively.
Not sure what a faulure of the pot to full lean and then selecting Coldstart would yield as far as mixture, I imagine far too rich.

I take it Tracy used quality pots to mitigate this risk factor.
Has anyone discussed this before?
I’d like to be able to give my friend an answer.

Cheers

Steve Izett