From: lehanover lehanover@aol.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Renesis intake
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 06:01:01 +0000 (UTC)
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Here is a sample of shapes that should influence your choices. The carb horn shapes near the end would seem useful. Or if the skills are available, Siamese the runners and use just 2 of the bigger diameter shapes.

The back edges should be pulled tight against a flat plate. Or, even a light press fit into a hole and then TIG welded to the plate.  A thicker plate would allow for various plenum shapes and sizes to be attempted. Higher RPMs need shorter runner lengths. More compact. Long runners are used to fluff up the rotarie's rather sad low RPM torque.  I pref-fer that the area of the bellmouth throat be larger than the port area. So that the air is increasing in velocity as it enters the casting.

Lynn E. Hanover

Spacing between the horn and filter wall under one throat diameter are detectable on the flow bench.