From: Bobby J. Hughes bhughes@qnsi.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Slide throttle issues with engine dieing
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 12:49:42 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Are there any concerns with the long-term survivability of a composite intake manifold? Mark Steitle used  half of a round aluminum tube for the back wall of his manifold because he was concerned that a flat plate would eventually fail. I think he used 0.80 6061 for his manifold.  I have no idea what kind of pressure wave is created in the manifold.

Bobby