From: lehanover lehanover@aol.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: thermocouple
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 05:08:30 +0000 (UTC)
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Will you reset the pump controls after each shut-down (overheat) or do you want to restart on cool-down?

Perhaps you would like a restart only when the pump is needed. If your pump is a centrifugal and the load fluid will flow through it you can have a sail switch to restart the pump. A pressure switch on the exit will keep it running until the sail switch drops out for lack of flow. Or a Klicks-on shuts it off. All of this requires a three phase relay.

Most 3 phase motors  have a 30 to 60 degree temp rise when running. That would be 60 degrees above ambient temp and is normal for that pump motor. See data plate.

A Klickson will open at or near the specified temp but will reset just below that temp. Various types will allow
different delay times. The pumps are cooled by ambient air and the media being pumped.

An engineer at the motor builder can send you a drawing of a typical control circuit, or even supply one.

Using a pump overheat to trip the circuit seems to me to shorten pump life.

But, I could be completely wrong.   Lynn E. Hanover