From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] thermocouple
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 21:30:24 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
On 8/11/2019 9:26 PM, Charlie England wrote:
On 8/11/2019 8:56 PM, Neil Unger 12348ung@gmail.com wrote:
Gents, Nothing to do with flying, but you may be able to assist.  I have numerous trash pumps that need a thermocouple linked to a 3 Phase cutout.  Yes I can buy a stock unit for over $3000 each which to me is as hot as the pump can get.  All I need is a switch that will cut out the pump (power) when it overheats due to dry running.  If it doesn;t the pump then self destructs and $6000 later I am ready to go again.    I can however get replacement pumps from china for $500 but without the cutout.

So simple heat sensor switch that will go open at preset temp high setting, say 90 - 100 degrees  C .  Possibly single phase to disconect 3 phase contactor.  Suggestions??>

Neil.
How about a 'snap switch'?
https://www.google.com/search?q=snap+switch+thermostat&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS843US843&oq=snap+switch&aqs=chrome.4.69i57j0l5.7136j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 They're used in everything from furnaces to coffee makers here in the USA.

Charlie
100* C from Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/uxcell-Thermostat-Control-Microwave-Normally/dp/B07LBTV8D7/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=100+C+thermostat+snap+switch&qid=1565576930&s=gateway&sr=8-1

---