From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Coils for Renesis
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 09:58:24 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Thanks Kelly,
but on 26 April 2017 on this list?? Tracy wrote:

"I think I failed a total of 5 Renesis coils on the Renesis engine and the 20B.?? They were circa 2005 coils.?? Don???t know if they ever improved so I don???t recommend them.?? The LS-x coils D 585 coils seem pretty good but don???t go for the cheaper aftermarket ones.?? I failed a couple of those too.?? Mounting the coils in a cooler location helps.?? I put mine in a box and ran cool air through it.?? Make sure ambient air around coils does not exceed 130 F for best reliability. ...
Tracy"

So I'll go with original AC Delco coils.

I was basically fishing for more recent coil failure experience.

Finn