From: Ernest Christley echristley@att.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] airflow characteristics-radiators and spinner
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 20:02:00 +0000 (UTC)
To: Marc Wiese cardmarc@charter.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
The only thing to add to that document is that the internal shape of most of the ducts shown are all wrong.  The race car in figure 19 has it about right, though.  The bell shaped ducts shown in most of the drawings force the air to separate from the duct wall soon after the entrance, creating the turbulent flow he is talking about in other sections of the document.  A trumpet shaped duct, one that doesn't flair out until right before the cooler, will increase cooling capacity up to 30%.