From: Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: EC3 software
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 09:57:50 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>, <finn.lassen@verizon.net>
Thanks Charlie for Finn’s address.

Previously Ive used mplabs and a PICkit 3 to write updated code to an EC2.
By updated code, I mean changing configuration settings in the code such as:

RX8COIL EQU 0x00 ;1= 2.6MS DWELL TIME  (RX-8 COIL)
RX7COIL EQU 0x00 ;1= 3.5MS DWELL TIME USED   (also used for A7 2007 option)
LS1COIL EQU 0x00 ;1= 4.3 MS DWELL USED
HONDACOIL EQU 0x00 ;1= 1.7 MS DWELL (A REALLY TINY COIL)
LS2COIL EQU 0x01 ;1= 4.0 MS DWELL
TURBO EQU 0x00 ;0 = NA, 1 = TURBO VERSION (BIT 0 SET IN ECINFO IF TRUE)
BFACTOR EQU D'25' ;BOOST RETARD FOR IGNITION TIMING  lower value = more boost retard (25 IS USED FOR MOST ROTARY 20 on 03-05-09,
LGSEC EQU 0x01 ;0 = PRI & SEC INJECTORS SAME SIZE  1 = LARGER SECONDARY INJECTORS (RENESIS 4 port)
WIDEBAND EQU 0x01 ;0 = NARROWBAND O2 SENSOR IN USE, 1 = WIDEBAND SENSOR IN USE.
TEMPSENSO EQU 0x00     ;0 = THERMISTOR, 1 = LM34
MAPSENSOR EQU 0x00 ;0 = MPX4250 SENSOR, 1 = MPX4115 (EARLIER VERSION OF EC2 ONLY)
BUSENSOR EQU 0x01 ;0 = NO BACKUP SENSOR, 1 = BACKUP INSTALLED (0xA9,AB,AD,B1,B2,B4 0-200 ENGINE ONLY)

I’m now using an EC3 and was chasing the latest version of the code.
I might put a turbo on it in the future so will want to update the TURBO EQU

Cheers

Steve Izett
Perth Western Australia