From: Pam & Dave Williams padajute@idcnet.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Rubber Damper Group Buy - Part have arrived.
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 16:54:18 -0500
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Dave Williams

W7740 Hackett Rd.

Whitewater WI 53190

262-473-7034

padajute@idcnet.com

From: Rotary motors in aircraft [mailto:flyrotary@lancaironline.net]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 8:48 AM
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Over the weekend I was able to swap out the dampers on my RV10. It took about an hour without removing the gearbox or lower cowl. The first one took about 30 minutes and the other three less than 10 minutes each. The secret is to not completely remove the bolt and dislodge the large washer between the flex plate and damper plate. Most work was done at the 10-11 o’clock position as viewed from the prop. I found that prying out the old damper and busing was easer at the 4 o’clock position.

Tools and method:

Two box end wrenches. – one ratcheting for the bolt head.

Small 90 degree needle nose pliers. – used to grip the bushing during removal.

Small tip screw driver  - used to push through the old damper against the bushing to pry old damper out of the cavity.

Work the new damper into the slot with the beveled edge for the bushing facing the prop.

Insert bushing and reinstall hardware.

I have everyone shipping information except for the following list.

Dave Williams

24

William Mason

24