From: eanderson@carolina.rr.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: How to make a program change to my EC3?
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 14:48:47 +0000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Hi Sam,

Bill makes an excellent suggestion.  When setting up your static timing pointer to your pulley, if you move the spot for TDC on the pulley so that it is a few degrees before/after (rotation wise)  the timing pointer (A little help here, can't recall which way is before/after TDC) thereby retarding the timing, then you can use your EM4 to ensure the timing setting in the EC3 for the Advance/Retard you want when engine is running.  Then when you initially start, the firing point should occur after TDC by a couple degrees reducing the kick back probability and once running you can adjust the timing advance once for you normal operation and be done with it..

The main point is setting the static timing point so that it occurs af few degrees  after TDC  on the pulley.

Its been a while for me, so the rest of you guys jump in here.  Sam shouldn't have to swap out his EC3 to fix his kickback problem.

Ed

Edward Anderson
Anderson Electronic Enterprises LLC
305 Reefton Rd