From: William Jepson wrjjrs@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: paging Lynn Hanover: looking for Chrysler ignition module drawings
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 13:08:35 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
interesting Lynn,
In about 1979 I was building D sports racers using Kawasaki Z1 900 engines we used 2 modules each with a twin lead coil. they worked perfectly. I also built high performance motorcycles using the same set up. The first time I scared myself having hooked everything up cranked the engine and got no spark! I had mounted the modules to the motorcycles battery box. It was rubber mounted! added a ground wire to the battery and got a flamethrower spark. Be sure of your ground if you use these modules. At one time you could buy the boxes on J.C. Whitney for about 15 bucks. about 20 for the entire system including trigger wheel and distributor/crank pickup. Great cheap electronic system.
Bill Jepson