From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Fuel blends
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 17:19:53 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
1st thing that comes to mind is detonation, 2stroke oil won't light off like diesel.

Charlie
On Mar 6, 2019, at 5:01 PM, "Andrew Martin andrew@martinag.com.au" <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
Seems we need some subjects to keep this list active.

Lately I've been considering different fuel blends as 2 stroke oil seems very expensive in my area. Not sure if its enviroment tax related or if just that oil burners as just getting rare.
Anyway considering if an unleaded/diesel blend for the rotary is feasable.
At the moment I'm using 8ml/l 2stroke/91 unleaded blend. Think that translates to 1oz/gallon for anyone not metric.
Havent looked to close yet but I think a 10-20% diesel/unleaded mix might give enough lubrication for the apex seals. Would make refueling easier for me as I have both fuels in bulk on the farm.
Just wondering if anyone knows how to calculate for the eqivelent blends or thinks there could be a downside.