From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: new option for injection pumps
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 18:38:14 -0600
To: flyrotary <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi guys,

One of the things that drove me to add a 2nd alternator to my install is the relatively high current draw of the 'standard' Walbro GSL393 fuel pump (around 6A). I looked at using the little turbine pumps (around 3--4A), but they must be inside the tank(s) since they cannot self prime.

Over on the VAF (RV-x) forum, there's a guy who's using the typical Bendix style injection on his Lyc, but wants to eliminate the engine driven pump. He's also (drastically) over- (and incorrectly) thinking that what's already available isn't safe, so he's embarked on his own research. Fortuitously, he turned up something that could be useful to us. Turns out that Walbro makes a smaller gerotor pump, that can supply 30 GPH (instead of 60), and only draws around 2.5A. Model is GSL414; a bit harder to find, but roughly the same $ as the 393. If I hadn't already done the alternator work and bought the pumps, I'd be giving this a serious look.

Here's his testing thread, if anyone's interested.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=168793

Charlie

---