From: Bobby J. Hughes bhughes@qnsi.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Rubber Damper
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 11:28:41 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Tracy,

I’m exploring the possibility of have a batch of dampers made. Measuring the worn units is difficult. I found some information in the archives but need to confirm the measurements.

Supplier was Service Rubber in Texas. They have changed accounting systems and can’t located the part number. If you have the part number that would be most helpful.

OD  1.374”

ID 0.75”

Height --?

Durometer of 50. Looking at increasing to 65. Service Rubber recommended neoprene.

Depending on minimum quantity and price it will likely take a group buy. My 50 durometer develop flat spots very fast. I have been rotating them to move the flat spot to the opposite side. I think they need to be change every 50 – 100 hours. Harder material may survive longer.

Thanks,

Bobby