From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: stacked thrust bearing
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 10:09:42 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Well, what's its transmission efficiency? Would  97% be a reasonable number? If we're at 75% cruise, let's say the engine is conservatively rated at 180 HP. That is .75*180=135HP. With 97% efficiency that leaves 3% of 135 HP, 4.05 HP, which is 3,021 watts, to be shed as heat. That's about the same heat as 2 fair sized electric room heaters.

Charlie