From: Dennis Haverlah clouduster@austin.rr.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: exhaust manifold
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 12:36:40 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

As Bobby stated –  I used the stock manifold cut at about 45 deg. down into a 4 inch horizontal swirl  pipe.   I was able to use a Hush Power muffler attached to the swirl pipe inside the cowl.   Real quiet exhaust – even after the muffler lost all inside material.

The system was planed to be a first attempt at an exhaust.  After about 4-500 hours it started developing cracks.

At about 650 hours, I built a complete new exhaust using an after market manifold flange and stainless tubing from Burns.  Now I have a muffler hanging under the floor and slightly louder exhaust.  This design used tuned lengths of SS tubing for each exhaust port all exiting toward the rear and merged into a 3 to 1 collector.

Dennis Haverlah

Sent from Mail for Windows 10