From: Bobby J. Hughes bhughes@qnsi.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: cushion drive - retrofit questions.
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 10:13:19 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Neil,

“If you can get just the larger washer and drill the mounting holes is the only cheaper option.”   -- Google has not turned up a 1mm thick, 35mm Id thrust washer with an OD larger than 52mm. The one we are already using.

“Yes bearing stack is the same, but if you wish to put a larger thrust washer as in a 3mm instead of the 1mm, it is simply a matter if you have my input shaft, to simply machine off another 2mm from the input shaft to accommodate the extra thickness.” – This was my original plan. I’m a little concerned that removing the material may not leave enough to support the 3mm thrust washer. The space below (top down view) where the 3mm thrust washer is supported has been machined away for the shear pin install. This leaves a nice area to support the 3mm washer. Taking 2mm of material off the support will make it very thin. It may not be a problem but I’m not sure.

Bobby