From: Neil Unger 12348ung@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: cushion drive
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 16:15:26 +1100
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Charlie,  Photo attached,.  Should the rubber fail then the inner drive block will simply lock up on the outer square giving metal to metal which should last quite some time (hours) before wearing either away.  The rubber is "engine mount" rubber so will only deteriorate slowly and not just explode and disappear completely. To test for wear you simply rock the prop and any more than 1 inch movement would suggest a problem as in deterioration in the rubber.  I can only get a half inch movement which is in the gear drive train.  The rubber can be re-vulcanised if it is ever necessary.  I have now in excess of 50 hours with the rubber insert for no visible wear..

Neil Unger.