From: Joseph Berki jskmberki@windstream.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Flexplate replacement
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 15:10:35 -0500
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

I have been looking at various flywheels for possible candidate replacement.

I thought the aluminum units would provide the least amount of weight gain.

I noticed that there are a lot of holes in these units including the replaceable friction area with many screw holes.

I was under the impresion that the holes in the flexplate promoted stress cracks.

These flywheels however may have sufficient material to counteract the stress potential.

Can someone provide a brand or part number that is acceptable?

I believe that the additional machining to modify one of these flywheels is the holes for the torsional damper.

Thanks for any help.

Joe Berki