From: lehanover lehanover@aol.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Flexplate location / failure
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 17:58:27 +0000 (UTC)
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

In a message dated 10/28/2018 5:49:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, flyrotary@lancaironline.net writes:

As a heads-up to new arrivals, the flexplate cracking issue likely predates use of the engine in aircraft. I've got one that's never flown that has two cracks. I think Len Hanover mentioned that mishandling at wrecking yards may be one cause (dropping the engine on the flexplate when storing it). It doesn't seem to be limited to rotaries, either.

Bottom line for me is to check before using. That's how I discovered cracks in mine.

Charlie