From: argoldman@aol.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Flexplate replacement
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 13:42:39 -0400
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Joe,

I am a little concerned with this approach-- not that it won'd work but adding material with all kinds of different coefficients with the hope of strengthening may possibly have the opposite effect. For example adding carbon to fiberglass has the problem that in the failure mode, when one of the substrates gives out, it transfers an instant load to the other with sometimes catastrophic results, which might not have been seen with the failure mode of one of the substrates by itself.

Not knowing much about this, I sure would like to have a real engineer do an evaluation of the addition of the carbon.

Rich