From: Joseph Berki jskmberki@windstream.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Counterweight bolts
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 06:03:38 -0400
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

I am mocking up the ignition set up at the rear of the engine and installed the flexplate to the rear counterweight.

I noticed that the bolts supplied with the counterweight were too long and came in contact with the rear stationary gear.

Are all rear counterweights the same?

I had to purchase an aftermarket unit as both of my 13bs were equipped with flywheels.

Is there a specific weight for a rear counterweight based on either a flex plate or a light weight flywheel used by the RX guys?

Thanks for any help.

Joe Berki

LimoEZ

13b