From: Joseph Berki jskmberki@windstream.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Ignition System
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 15:03:52 -0400
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

I am in the process of fabricating an ignition system similar to Lynn’s system.

Initially I installed 2 RX8 CAS on the front of the from cover 180 degrees apart.

Because this is a pusher installation and I have a lot of hardware such as exhaust augmenter in the way timing will be difficult.

Has anyone attempted installing crank angle sensors in the flex plate area?

I am using a RD-1C. I was thinking of installing a steel screw off of the torsion damper as it is mostly aluminum.

The flex plate will have to be clocked to get one of the 4 “pads” to line up with 24 degrees BTDC.

Has anyone used a weight instead of a prop for initial running?

Thanks for any help

Joe Berki

Limo EZ

13b P Port