From: Andrew Martin andrew@martinag.com.au <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Arduino
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 00:17:00 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Matt, I used the sensor that came with the prop controller that came with the prop, original controller was not really compatible as the designer would not give access to code to adjust rpm limits. I let the smoke out trying to break into it also. Apparently that voids the warranty. Sensor is VR. Thanks to your post I now have half an idea of whats needed to tame the signal. The MAX9926 is pretty small though. Are there any pre made boards? The brickrpm seems long out of production.

Todd. Yeah, but I reckon those titles are sometimes a stretch of my actual ability.
 I would prefer that the prop controller was integrated with the ECU or at least can comunicate with it. then pitch could be set automatically to engine load and programmed to recognise each phase of flight, rather than just being CS. If Tracy actually lets me have a copy of the arduino EM3......
Andrew