From: David Leonard wdleonard@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Time to
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 13:22:15 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi All,

I just realized that I had not seen mention of this on the the FlyRotary list.

A top fuel rotary powered Harmon Rocket recently crushed the World Time To Climb record to 3000M (10000ft), shaving more that 20 seconds off the previous record of over 2 min to 1 min 40 sec.

Rare Bear (a highly modified and famous Bearcat) once set that record at 1:32 but it has been retired due to change of rules.

There is talk of giving it another try and beat even Rare Bear's unofficial record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_gedJrWbT4

--

Wm. David Leonard

Turbo Rotary RV-6 N4VY

"I'm a big believer in anesthesia. I think it should be used for every medical procedure including routine physicals."

-- Dave Barry