From: Todd Bartrim bartrim@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: fluidyne oil cooler
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 21:42:39 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
What size hose are you using to feed this cooler? For that matter, what size hose is everybody using? I'm only using 1/2" but my testing with hose only and no cooler indicates that it is not a restriction.
  But this cooler comes with AN -12 fittings which is 3/4". Probably necessary for some applications but I think the oil passages in/out of the irons were less than 1/2" so probably not required for our use.

   I think I'll pull the Mazda cooler right now and cut an end off of it for an inspection. Depending what I find I might pull the trigger on a new one.
 While it's off, I'm really tempted to remove the oil pan and pull out that safety valve. All my hoses are rated at 300psi and the cooler is rated at 200psi. What is an oil filter rated for?

Todd

Todd Bartrim