From: Doug Lomheim dlomheim@aol.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Has This Rotary Powered Seawind Flown Yet?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 19:39:39 +0200
To: Rotary Motors in Aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Bob Darrah wrote:

"No, I don’t know, but I was trying.  Now, at 86 and unable to pass a physical, I need either to sell mine or take on a partner.  I had a good Friend locally who put a 20b in a Lancair IV and after a lot of tweaking flew it a lot.  Unfortunately, he died from other causes.

I agree that too many people have died in a Seawind, but in some of them it was the pilots fault, they would have died no matter what airplane they were flying.  I have all the pieces but the drive has dwindled.  Bob Darrah"

Bob…I didn’t realize that was your bird on u-tube!  Your engine installation from I could see looked great.  My good friend and neighbor died in his gorgeous Seawind in 2005…very sad deal.

Take care,

Doug