From: Andrew Martin andrew@martinag.com.au <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] back-up power for EC2
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 02:53:58 +0000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Todd, a diode bridge in between allows 2 separate power feeds and keeps them isolated.
Andrew

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 at 10:50 am, Andrew Martin <andrew@martinag.com.au> wrote:

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 at 10:46 am, Todd Bartrim bartrim@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
Has anyone provided redundant power sources for their EC2?
  Currently I have power supplied via a circuit breaker, but I'm considering adding another power supply wire fed with a fuse.
However they would both still feed through pins 33 & 34 which are internally connected. So even if I was to separate these pins for there own feed (they are currently fed from the same wire), a short on either one would likely cause both the fuse and CB to blow.
   I'm just trying to take care of a last few things on my list before taking this plane up to the airport and something I'd added to the list many years ago was redundant power for the EC2 since a failure of that could really ruin my day.
    Since the most likely point of failure (even though it's quite unlikely) would be the DB37 pin connector on the EC2, I'm not sure that it is worth the effort to open up the connector shell to add another power wire.
  I've changed my mind on this several times over the last while and now I'm running low on time so I'd throw it out for the collective wisdom of the group.

Todd Bartrim    (can't think of anything witty to sign off with) (I still miss Rusty's witt, for those that remember him)

C-FSTB
RV9 Turbo13B
Regards Andrew Martin Martin Ag