From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Tank vent lines
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:53:31 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Thanks Charlie.
That would be a real simple solution.
Could actually make the loop inside the tank against the most outboard rib, with the 90 degree fitting coming out through the bottom skin.
The only downside (other than loop not extending well above the tank) would be the disturbed airflow (drag) from the fitting being out on the wing rather than in the already disturbed airflow from lower cowling (and perhaps hot air from the engine preventing icing).

So is the simplicity worth the extra drag and the risk of having fuel running/siphoned out if plane is parked in one wing low position (and possible icing over the vent inlet)?

Finn