From: Mark McClure markmcclure@me.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Update on glasair
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 09:25:01 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Very exciting! 210 on the ground sounds good to me!

On Mar 9, 2018, at 8:53 AM, Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:

Congrats! Please keep the updates coming.

Charlie
On Mar 9, 2018, at 5:14 AM, "Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com" <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
Update on Glasair Super IIRG build.

Having rebuilt a brake master cylinder, opened up the intake to the water diffuser by 20+%, reworked cowl to seal around gearbox and inlets, I took the Glasair for some taxi testing today.

OAT of 85F
After about a minute following startup, taxied to the main runway seeing 145F.
Did some 45knot runs down the 3000 foot runway.
Brakes feel good and rudder has authority at about 40knots.
After two laps and about 15 minutes with water temp at about  210F I headed back to the hangar.

I was pretty happy with the temps given the small inlet area of approx 20in2.
Looking forward to tidying up a few things, checking everything over and then seeking a CofA so we can test fly.
Then we will know if its going to cool in the air.

Thanks people.

Steve Izett
Glasair Super IIRG, Renesis 4 port RD1C, EC3, EM3

Image
VH-EXP.jpeg