From: Neil Unger 12348ung@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Thermostat for winter operations
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 09:14:27 +1100
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Jeff,   I also installed a thermostat after trying all the other options, cowl flaps, cardboard over the rad,  and could not get it constant with the 180 degrees.  I have operated much machinery here all fitted with thermostats and have never had a failure for 40 years.  I am more than happy with a thermostat in my renesis -- would do it again every time.  Failures in thermostats are extremely rare, about as common as a prop coming loose.  My thermostat is permanently in place summer and winter.  If worried change it every 500 hours.