From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Ignition system
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 20:51:42 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
On 1/21/2018 7:21 PM, Joseph Berki jskmberki@windstream.net wrote:

Has anyone put together a CDI system?

I was thinking of using 2 MSD or Summit racing boxes triggered by 2 sensors mounted 180 degrees apart on the E shaft off of the front cover.  I think this would work for the leading plugs but what do I do with the trailing plugs?  Using a carb for fuel.

Joe Berki

13b P Port

Sounds like what Lynn Hanover ran on his race car. Bet he'll chime in shortly.

Should work great for full power operation, but you'd lose the ability to advance the ignition at altitude, where you can't make full power. You'll give up a bit of cruise efficiency.

Charlie