From: Neil Unger 12348ung@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Thermostat Housing
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 18:00:45 +1100
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Steve, the hole is in the thermostat possibly 1/16 which allows the air to bleed out of the system  Regards,  Neil.

On 12/27/2017 2:17 PM, Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com wrote:
Merry Christmas to all

I’m still troubleshooting our cooling system.
Renesis 4 port in Glasair Super II RG

We removed the thermostat, and plugged the whole between the in and out circuit with a threaded plug.
I think I read someone saying there should be a hole in that plug, which I take it was to let air our of the inlet side of the pump.
On a picture of the front housing I think I can see a hole in the top of the pump impeller housing that might perform this function.
Can anyone comment?

Thanks

Steve Izett
Perth Western Australia