From: Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: overheating issue
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2017 15:45:41 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi guys

Our 4 port renesis in the Glasair has begun to get hotter.
We have been taxi testing and noticed temps rising higher than previously seen.
Unfortunately also noticed a tiny weep of water and the tiniest bubble appear between the rotor housing and rear plate yesterday.
So looks like o ring failure maybe beginning.

Do rotaries overheat as a result of an o ring failure?
Ive pressure tested it and it will hold ~10psi for half an hour.
What are the important issues re overheating in rotaries?

Thanks

Steve Izett
Glasair Super II RG Renesis 4 port RD1C