From: Todd Bartrim bartrim@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] low oil sensor
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 13:04:47 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I kept mine in place. It grounds when low so id wired to an LED on a small panel of warning LEDs. I figured it wouldn't hurt to have it and nothing was gained by removing it. (maybe a few ounces of wire, etc). I did consider using that to return the oil from the PSRU, however Tracy recommends returning above the oil level, so that rules it out for that. Turbo uses the stock oil return on the other side. I guess a chip detector would be a good idea, but I felt low oil was a greater hazard. A leaking PSRU seal or turbo shaft seal would presumably lose oil fast enough to show up as a low oil level without necessarily resulting in a low oil pressure.
   At least that was my thoughts.

Todd

Todd Bartrim