From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: spark plug SAG: would this help?
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 23:03:19 -0500
To: flyrotary <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
OK, I really can't remember if I've brought this up. I've thought about posting it, but I couldn't find any record of doing it. Forgive me if I'm repeating myself.

On the subject of spark plug SAG, and the great research Steve Boese did several years ago, it seemed that extreme temps in the plug itself was what is causing the quick degradation of the plugs. There was talk about running colder plugs, and IIRC, Len mentioned high-dollar racing plugs as a potential solution.

As I've begun my research into operating a Rotax 503 2stroke, I discovered that Rotax recommends using heat sink thermal-transfer paste on the spark plug threads of Rotax engines, to improve heat transfer out of the plugs. They even quote a temperature drop number for paste use.

If it works for a Rotax,  I've been wondering if it would help with the rotary, running the coldest off-the-shelf (affordable) plugs.

Any thoughts? Anyone care to try it? If you need a little to experiment with, I've got a couple of lifetimes supply from one of my previous lives, & could send you a bit.

Charlie

---