From: Todd Bartrim <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Old IVO Prop blades for sale
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 00:25:24 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Ed;
   I actually wasn't thinking that these would be very ideal for Max as I would have expected his airframe to be similar to an RV airframe. I would expect that He would want the deep pitch version like I just switched to.
But if he's finished with long trips where a high cruise speed is a big priority and is just going to be flying in the Austrian mountains, then yes this prop does have excellent take-off and climb performance. I could get off the ground in 300' (paved runway @2000'asl) and then sustain a 2400'/minute climb rate to 10000'asl. But it cruised best at a meager 120-130 mph. Top speed I ever recall seeing in level flight was 170mph.
   The blades are easy to cut down, and I should have done it, as It would have helped the top speed I believe, but I knew that eventually I would want to replace them with the deep pitch blades, and if they were still full length it would be easier to find a new home for them.
   I don't know the specs for Max's plane, but I'd suggest he do some research first as I wouldn't think they would be his best choice and he will still have to by a hub as well. And it should be the electric hub to get the most performance out of these blades. The electric CS governor is a nice addition too.
   If I seem like I'm trying to avoid perspective customers, I just want to be honest about it. I originally bought it used (almost new, never flown) from a former list member long ago who was being forced to sell off his project. I was still pretty naive about props back then (still am :-), but he was never dishonest, while still being pretty enthusiastic about how it would be a great prop for me. First flight was somewhat tempered with disappointment at cruise speeds, but I learned to be very happy with the climb instead.

Todd   -  could never sell used cars!

Todd Bartrim