From: Thomas Mann <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: re: [FlyRotary] Re: Eclipse Viewing (not rotary related)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:35:58 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
>I wouldn't have trusted a suction cup to hold it. I'm surprised that it would hold for an entire flight, through pressure and temperature changes. I wouldn't have bet a $300 camera on it.

I felt that way the first time I tried it but after many flights I have come to trust it.
I take a wet paper towel in a zip lock with me so I can be sure the area is clean prior to attaching it.

When my plane is flying, the mounts will be substantially stronger.

There is always risk associated with reward. I was wondering if perhaps I was flying into a hornets nest of traffic as I was entering the eclipse corridor but it all worked out.