From: Saro Marcarian <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Heat Soak & Fuel Purge valve- Another half baked idea?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 18:18:44 +0000 (UTC)
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Todd Bartrim >> Instead of going back to a return type system I was thinking about a push-button operated solenoid valve that would tee into the fuel line before the regulator and return fuel to a main tank only while the button is pushed. It would have to be mounted before the regulator so that it would be able to vent hot fuel when the pumps can't reach enough pressure to open the regulator. And because it would only open when the button is held there would be no worries about accidentally pumping fuel overboard through a vent from an already full tank.
  So the thought is that I fly to some airport, taxi in to get that $100 hamburger, back out an hour later, heat soak leaves me unable to get any fuel pressure so I hold that button in for a minute while my facet pumps move cool fuel into the system and hi-press pump starts doing it's hi-press thing, let go of the button and start as usual.

Todd-

So this also comes from the Half Bakery.  Instead of plumbing in another valve and hose, why not WIRE in something that just holds your injectors open to purge the fuel vapors?  I'm not sure what quantity of fuel vapor we'd be talking about, but it would seem an easy thing to try.

Not knowing the amount (mass) of fuel that may have vaporized, this may or may not be a good idea.  So you might wind up with a prime - or with a flood.  Or a spectacular flame out your exhaust?

-Saro