From: Andrew Martin <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Heat Soak & Fuel Purge valve- Another half baked idea?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 08:16:19 +0000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Todd. I did similar to your system, probably because you've got the best documented fuel setup I found on the web for rotary powered plane.

My pumps are close to left main tank so dont get exposed to same temps as yours, but fuel rail still heat soaks and is semi returnless.

I made sure I put in a bleed (just some very tiny part I found from a carby kit) between high & low side of regulator mount, Allows pressure to bleed off when pump is off. so pump is not under vapour pressure when trying to prime. Dont seem to have lost any pressure during normal ops.

Also have the solonoid, just in case I need to purge air faster from low pressure side in case I run a tank dry in flight ( 4 tanks so its just a matter of time).

Andrew
--
Regards Andrew Martin Martin Ag