From: steve Izett <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] oil flow
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 09:36:49 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Andrew
Some mistakes that we make can have a positive outcome when we realise them.
Your still ahead of me.
Steve Izett
On 22 Aug 2017, at 8:51 am, Andrew Martin <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:

Sometimes I miss the obvious. Used the Gates flow calculator and realised I had introduced an unnecessary pressure loss to my oil circuit.
Before I get ridiculed, here is context. I live 500km from the most remote city on earth. So quite often have to be resourceful with what's on hand or wait forever for part deliveries. During the build I had just grabbed some new hose & fittings from my farm workshop to hook up the oil cooler to the engine, had every intention at the time to replace with lightweight hose & fittings but over the build time just plain forgot. Thought I had the size right but didn't count on so much loss with such low oil operating pressures & flow. but still should've tagged those parts. So before I order a new cooler, I'll try it with larger hose.
If I've used it correctly, I reckon I can maybe accept some pressure loss through the cooler if I absolutely minimise it in the hose & fittings.

Andrew