From: Bill Schertz <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Coolers
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 10:39:03 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I think it is more complicated than that. Roughly 1/3 of the rejected heat is from the oil, and 2/3 from the water. All heat must eventually be rejected to the air. An oil-to-air cooler is rejecting 180F oil to ~90-100F air, while a oil-water is rejecting to hot water ( greater than 100F maybe 150), additionally if 1/3 comes from the oil and you are forcing it all to the water the water exchanger would at least have to be 50% larger or in your example 1800 cu in.

Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2017 9:05 AM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: Coolers

Just trying to understand how these laminova exchangers work. I'm just pulling numbers out of the air for this.  So here's my understanding of how a cooling system with a laminova would work: let's say you have a water heat exchanger with 1200 cu inches of volume and a oil cooler with 400 cubic inches of volume.  If you wanted to use a laminova in this system you would get rid of the oil cooler and put in a water cooler with 1600 cu inches of volume to handle the heat load that used to be handled by the oil cooler.  Am i in the ballpark here?

Thanks,
Will Aldridge