From: Finn Lassen <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Cheap strobe
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 08:02:20 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Great, but the while point is cheap!

Three strobes (wings and tail) plus position lights and possibly landing/taxi lights for less than $100.

If I could just figure out how to dim these LEDs for position lights.

Update
   31515 OP
350 Lumen 10 Watt Super Bright, Red LED
350 Lumen 10 Watt Super Bright, Red LED $3.95   $3.95

Update
   31325 OP
1000 Lumen 10 Watt Super Bright, Cool White LED
                    Module
1000 Lumen 10 Watt Super Bright, Cool White LED Module $2.95   $23.60

To fit it in the wingtip light, I'm cutting a piece of aluminum sheet to replace the bulb and rivet to the housing.  Where the light was, I'm cutting the aluminum and letting it fold up from the center to form three mounting faces where I'll rivet the LEDs.

This message, and the documents attached hereto, is intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any unauthorized disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message. Thank you.

Image
31516.gif
Image
cl_dot.gif