From: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: bearing in mazda g/box
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 21:07:06 -0400
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
If you need 9,000 RPM it is probably a street gear box. Not a problem. Thestock bearings hold up fine.
.......IF. You keep the oil cool. Lite press fits hold the bearings in place in the case. Snap rings on the shafts.
Get the case too hot and bearing outer races begin to turn and wear out their holes. Bolt the tail shaft bushing into the housing with a flat head 10/24 screw counter sunk into the bushing. Now that bushing cannot move back and destroy the seal, or begin to rotate.  Install an "O" ring ahead of the rear seal. Hold the rear seal in the tailshaft housing with two wire hooks pulled forward by bits of screen door springs.
Now the rear seal cannot fall out, and seals even if the tailshaft housing overheats. This works all the way back to RX-2s and RX3s. This also works on fancy racing transmissions.  Shield the trans from the exhaust system. Run a pump and oil cooler if allowed. Use a synthetic racing oil in the transmission.

Never a problem..............Lynn E. Hanover