From: Neil Unger <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Making noise again.
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 11:25:27 +1000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Andrew,  Airventure is struggling from what I hear.  They are not the favoured ones with the NRM council as they attempt to bleed money from the show.  I am out of the organising this year, so am bitterly disappointed after loosing 2 years of my life to get it running.  Charges have all been jacked up, so exhibitors are down.  Paul is still saying he is coming to do a seminar, but I am advising caution at this stage as number may well be down as well.   Blokes with rotaries that were coming have now decided to stay home, so I may not even go other than as a visitor.   Aust does not have the numbers for the money on the airshow,  $40,000.  The public are really not that interested either as only got 1500 to attend the airshow last year at $15,00 a head.  I hear this year it will now be $25,00 a head.  Not really a way to entice a "not" interested public  Very sad.  Neil.