From: Andrew Martin <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Making noise again.
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 08:26:41 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Tom, plan is to eventually do that to control temp by controlling airflow. We have an insidious system here with experimental whereby our phase 1 has to be completed within 12 months, with any uncertified powerplant its 40hrs. Seems to be an anti safety system where we are told to just fly the hours off then fix any problems after phase 1 is completed. So if the plane fly's too cool I'll put up with that for awhile. Just about to apply for the second CoA for this plane. hopefully I don't need 3 or 4.
Lynn, just changed to synthetic, I had thought foaming was part of the problem, hopefully this does help.
Neil, from memory your Sportsman has been good with temps since the beginning, seems your temps are spot on. my oil is still slightly hotter than coolant but no flight yet in this config. must say its much better to be at this end of the spectrum than the other. Before, I had thought I just needed more air through the heat exchangers for it to cool, which I could only get in flight. big mistake. going to be lots more ground testing this time.
Cheers
Andrew