From: Charlie England <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] fuel consumption gauge
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 21:08:13 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
On 7/26/2017 4:58 PM, Neil Unger wrote:
Gents,  Is anyone aware of a fuel consumption  gauge that will give fuel consumption in real time?  I can get one that has two flow meters but that makes installation complicated and not really cost effective.  I am looking for something that works off the injectors.  As usual it has to be "tweaked" with actual fuel usage.  Did not Tracy have such a system?  Neil.

-- Homepage:  http://www.flyrotary.com/
Archive and UnSub: http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/flyrotary/List.html
Just about any fuel flow instrument will work, if you design the fuel architecture to allow it. If you place the regulator & its bypass prior to the flow sensor & injectors, you only need one sensor. The fuel 'dead heads' at the injectors, so it's always at full system pressure, and in the unlikely event that there is vapor in the lines, it's immediately blown through the injectors. It's how virtually every car is set up these days. It's being done in a/c, too. I'm pretty sure that Tracy has this fuel delivery architecture in the RV-8 3-rotor.

If you're patient, you can find Flowscan sensors & various brands of totalizers on Ebay  for very good prices.

Charlie

---